Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Atmospheric, Space Scientist is $82,723
What Do Atmospheric, Space Scientists Do?
Atmospheric space scientists have studied climate theory, mathematics, physics, and other subjects and use their knowledge for a variety of purposes. Chief among them is the development of computer programs and complex models to make atmospheric and meteorological predictions.
These scientists gather, analyze, and manipulate data from satellites, radar, weather stations, maps, and photographs. What they study varies from micro- to macro-weather patterns and ranges from daily local weather …Read more
- Broadcast weather forecasts and conditions via television, radio, or the internet.
- Direct forecasting services at weather stations or other broadcasting facilities.
- Measure wind, temperature, and humidity.
- Interpret data, reports, and maps to predict long and short range conditions.
- Prepare weather reports for distribution, analysis, or weather broadcasts.