Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Cancer Registrar is $22.32
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Cancer Registrars?
An entry-level Cancer Registrar with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $18.22 based on 17 salaries. An early career Cancer Registrar with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $19.38 based on 79 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Cancer Registrars Do?
Cancer registrars are data collection specialists who draw a holistic picture of a patient's medical history by looking at the diagnosis, treatment, and disease status for every patient. Their work is vital because it can lead to better information use by the medical specialists managing cancer treatment. The data collected by cancer registrars is used to monitor cancer treatments that are in the advanced stages and improve cancer prevention and screening programs.
Cancer registrars must …Read more
- Perform case audits and reviews to ensure accuracy of data.
- Abstract and code clinical data.
- Prepare data reports for review by management staff.
- Attain follow-up data by reviewing medical records, physician notes and interviewing patients.
- Compile, organize and report medical case data.