What Do Cardiothoracic Surgeons Do?
Cardiothoracic surgeons are in charge of performing clinical duties and cardiothoracic surgeries on behalf of their organization. They are generally responsible for providing excellent patient care, resolving inquiries as they arise, and leading a team of clinical professionals in and out the surgery room, so strong leadership skills are required to avoid incidents during treatment and surgery.
These surgeons are highly organized and pay close attention to detail, and must follow strict safety…Read more
- Perform complex surgical operations and interventions safely and hygienically.
- Work with nurses and anesthesiologists to ensure safe treatment.
- Complete paperwork on procedures, diagnoses, outcomes, and other factors.
- Explain patient health needs to family members, caretakers, nurses and others.
- Talk with patients to explain procedures and their risks and outcomes.