Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Caretaker is $10.17
What Do Caretakers Do?
Caretakers help maintain a company's building and/or grounds, ensuring a safe, clean, and pleasing environment for workers and clients. They perform a variety of tasks, such as removing trash, performing seasonal maintenance, gardening, and handling "touch-ups" to property. The caretaker is often also responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels for needed supplies, ensuring they are replenished as needed. They typically operate a variety of tools, equipment, and vehicles to help …Read more
- Seal, wax, and buff floors and hard surfaces.
- Assist painters and security engineers when assigned.
- Clean sidewalks, including sweeping, raking leaves and shoveling snow.
- Clean individual units when vacated or requested.
- Sweep, mop, wash, dust and vacuum designated areas.