Certified Physician's Coder Salary
The average pay for a Certified Physician's Coder is $18.22 per hour. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 20 years in this career.
$17.77 - $21.50
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$32,664 - $65,646|
Job Description for Certified Physician's Coder
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Identify, compile and code patient data, using ICD-9-CM and CPT and other standard classification coding systems.
- Enter data, such as history and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures and treatment into computer database.
- Compile, abstract and maintain patient medical records to document condition and treatment.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
Certified Physician's Coder Job Listings
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Certified Physician's Coder