Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) is $23.22
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)s?
An early career Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $21.89 based on 38 salaries. A mid-career Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $23.21 based on 25 …Read more
What Do Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)s Do?
Certified surgical technologists (CST) generally care for surgical patients under the supervision of a registered nurse and attending doctor(s) of the patient's case. They are responsible for preparing, selecting, and maintaining any and all surgical equipment, and must also be able to clean and maintain a variety of surgical tools. They may occasionally be responsible for ensuring that the surgical room is prepared with all necessary tools before a procedure takes place, and different …Read more
- Inspect, maintain, decontaminate, and repair surgical equipment, keeping inventory records up to date.
- Conduct pre- and post-surgery patient care, including shaving, transporting, and applying dressings.
- Keep all needed surgical equipment at the ready, including sterile linens, saline, lights, suction machines, etc.
- Set up and maintain surgical field, collaborating with nurses and doctors and assisting where required.
- Assemble, transport, and retrieve surgical equipment, ensuring all pieces leave the room.