The average hourly pay for a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) at Surgical Care Affiliates is $21.32.
Is Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$19 - $24
$39,570 - $50,939
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
Certified surgical technologists (CST) generally care for surgical patients under the supervision of a registered nurse and attending doctor(s) of the patient's case. They are responsible for preparing, selecting, and maintaining any and all surgical equipment, and must also be able to clean and maintain a variety of surgical tools. They may occasionally be responsible for ensuring that the surgical room is prepared with all necessary tools before a procedure takes place, and different procedure…Read more
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) Tasks
- Inspect, maintain, decontaminate, and repair surgical equipment, keeping inventory records up to date.
- Conduct pre- and post-surgery patient care, including shaving, transporting, and applying dressings.
- Keep all needed surgical equipment at the ready, including sterile linens, saline, lights, suction machines, etc.
- Set up and maintain surgical field, collaborating with nurses and doctors and assisting where required.
- Assemble, transport, and retrieve surgical equipment, ensuring all pieces leave the room.
Popular Employer Salaries for Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
The top respondents for the job title Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) are from the companies HCA, Inc., Tampa General Hospital and Indiana University (IU) Health. Reported salaries are highest at Memorial Hermann Healthcare System where the average pay is $26.75. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include Methodist and Banner Health, earning around $24.44 and $23.62, respectively. Tampa General Hospital pays the lowest at around $19.45. St Vincent Hospital Indianapolis and Indiana University (IU) Health also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying $20.40 and $22.13, respectively.
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Related Job Salaries
$23 - $41
$16 - $29
$12 - $22
$11 - $19
$16 - $26
$31 - $50
$10 - $16
$40 - $71