Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Charge Nurse (RN) is $32.90
What Do Charge Nurse (RN)s Do?
A charge nurse most often works in a hospital or a similar health-care environments such as nursing homes and other long-term care facilities. A charge nurse is effectively the manager of the department or hospital unit to which they are assigned. Common duties include overseeing operations, monitoring admissions and discharges, and directing and overseeing the activities of the nursing and support staff. A charge nurse also often is responsible for direct patient charge, as well as any …Read more
- Coordinate the activities of the unit and assign work to the nursing staff.
- Institute emergency procedures as necessary.
- Communicate patient status to incoming nursing shift and to physicians.
- Educate the nursing staff on patient care.
- Supervise the delivery of care in a nursing unit.