Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a City-Planning Engineer is $87,500
What Do City-Planning Engineers Do?
City-planning engineers play a key role in maintaining the healthy growth of their communities. They are generally responsible for: planning land use within the community; making zoning and construction recommendations; studying environmental impacts of land use; solving problems caused by zoning and usage regulations; and overseeing cost studies which determine whether renovation or complete reconstruction of blighted or underused areas is necessary.
City-planning engineers must analyze large …Read more
- Oversee the planning, coordination, and activities of the engineering division.
- Provide insight into expenditures and budgeting.
- Attend and present at municipal planning meetings.
- Monitor projects, award contracts and coordinate subcontractors.
- Evaluate and provide feasibility reports on proposed plans and projects.