Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Commercial Diver is $21.48
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Commercial Divers?
An entry-level Commercial Diver with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $16.91 based on 15 salaries. An early career Commercial Diver with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $19.73 based on 73 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Commercial Divers Do?
A commercial diver works below the surface of water to repair, inspect, remove and install structures or equipment. It is a underwater industrial construction position and may use a variety of power and hand tools such as torches, welding equipment and drills. Duties commonly performed by a commercial diver include carrying out tests for pipe leaks; inspecting, cleaning and repairing piping valves; and performing bridge inspection, repair and construction. They may also inspect ships, docks and …Read more
- Undertake dives and other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Report any medical problem or symptoms experienced during or after the dive.
- Know the routine and emergency procedures.
- Ensure full understanding of the dive plan and is competent to carry out the planned task.
- Ensure that personal diving equipment is working correctly and is suitable for the planned dive.