Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Operator and Programmer is $22.37
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Operator and Programmers?
A mid-career Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Operator and Programmer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $19.00 based on 11 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $24.
What Do Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Operator and Programmers Do?
A computer numerically controlled (CNC) operator and programmer holds a highly specialized position found principally in production companies. They handle computer-programmed machinery that perform a wide variety of functions, such as drilling, cutting, or shaping materials. The raw materials handled by CNC machines may be too strong or dense for workers to shape or work with by themselves.
A CNC operator and programmer is largely responsible for writing the commands for these machines, …Read more
- Properly and safely load and unload castings and raw materials in CNC machinery.
- Perform daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on CNC machinery.
- Use gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
- Recognize, deploy and properly use inserts, fixtures and tooling.
- Read and interpret blueprints.