Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Computer Software Engineer, Applications is $79,604
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Computer Software Engineer, Applications?
An entry-level Computer Software Engineer, Applications with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $68,083 based on 48 salaries. An early career Computer Software Engineer, Applications with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total …Read more
What Do Computer Software Engineer, Applications Do?
Computer software engineers of applications develop information systems and design and develop computer programs, primarily by writing computer codes and installing software. They may be responsible for ensuring that their company's computer security programs are up-to-date, and are often required to customize existing web-based software. Working with outside vendors to test and approve products may also be necessary.
Computer software engineers must document the programs they write, and this …Read more
- Work with designers and content producers.
- Write, modify, and debug software for client applications.
- Write code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone and those which access servers or services.
- Use source debuggers and visual development environments.
- Test and document software for client applications.