Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Cook, Short Order is $11.26
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Cook, Short Orders?
An entry-level Cook, Short Order with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $9.20 based on 11 salaries. An early career Cook, Short Order with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $10.55 based on 76 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Cook, Short Orders Do?
A short order cook's main job is ensuring that food preparation is completed before the business opens and that food is prepared correctly for the customer. They must be able to make a wide variety of food in a short period of time. Some short order cooks have to be able to take orders directly from the customer and serve the food to them as well. They are also responsible for the food inventory, which includes ordering and receiving food while keeping food inventory data up to date. Short …Read more
- Prepare ingredients by washing, chopping, weighing, and measuring.
- Prepare foods that require short preparation times.
- Maintain food logs, expenditures, and inventory.
- Clean and maintain work area, utensils, and dishes.
- Monitor food quality and test for doneness, serving in standard portions and presentations.