Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Corporate Attorney is $111,971
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Corporate Attorneys?
An entry-level Corporate Attorney with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $88,951 based on 17 salaries. An early career Corporate Attorney with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $97,674 based on 94 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Corporate Attorneys Do?
Corporate lawyers can serve as advisers to business executives, or they may represent a corporation in court. They draft business contracts and amendments. They are involved in various matters, such as company’s mergers, employee benefits, and corporate compliance. They also handle human resources issues and represent their companies when they are sued by employees. They work on behalf of their employers in matters pertaining to patent infringement and customers’ lawsuits. They negotiate and …Read more
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.