Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Data Mining Analyst is $60,000
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Data Mining Analysts?
An entry-level Data Mining Analyst with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $55,000 based on 5 salaries. An early career Data Mining Analyst with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $67,249 based on 17 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Data Mining Analysts Do?
Data mining analysts use data analysis software to perform tasks such as data analysis, research, data mining, computational analysis and relationship modeling. They report findings to their internal or external clients, including by using bar charts, histograms, scatterplots and other visual tools. These analysts work with operational data (such as sales, cost and inventory), non-operational data (such as industry sales) and/or metadata (such as logical database design and relationships). When …Read more
- Identify, collect, analyze, and present trends, visualizations, and summaries of data.
- Create, update, and maintain data dictionaries, including data integrity problems.
- Collaborate with business owners to define metrics and performance indicators and produce analyses.
- Create algorithms and predictive models using statistical techniques.
- Produce presentations and reports for multiple audiences.