Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Deli Clerk is $8.82
What Do Deli Clerks Do?
A deli clerk works in a sandwich shop or delicatessen. They prepare ingredients and create sandwiches for customers upon request. In addition to fulfilling these responsibilities, the clerk needs familiarity with operating a cash register or point of sale machine for their business. Additionally, a deli clerk must work to keep their work space clean and inviting to customers.
Deli clerks need to be well-versed in the products and ingredients offered by their establishment, including being able …Read more
- Comply with safe food handling procedures at all times.
- Regularly clean equipment and work area.
- Set up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counter and tables to promote sales.
- Accurately scale all weighable products, including the use of correct codes to determine price.
- Serve customers at the deli counter by listening to the request and obtaining the desired product.