Dental Office Manager in San Antonio, Texas Salary
A Dental Office Manager in San Antonio, Texas earns an average wage of $19.75 per hour. A skill in Accounts Payable is associated with high pay for this job. People in this job generally don't have more than 20 years' experience.
Job Description for Dental Office Manager
A dental office manager directs general operations for a dental office or firm on a day-to-day basis. This includes scheduling and discipline of employees and general upkeep of the facility, such as replacing any tools or equipment that no longer functions. In addition, the dental office manager may work closely with patients in scheduling appointments or handling complaints and issues related to dental care. The dental office manager works closely with the dentists in the firm or office, which means they must be familiar with common dental practices and techniques so that they may communicate with dentists effectively.Read More...
A nursing background is not always necessary for a dental office manager, but it is preferred since individuals with that background already have a thorough understanding of medical billing techniques and insurance coverage. Many clinics or offices prefer dental office managers that have experience in a dental office, especially in the office manager role. Finally, a dental office manager must have excellent organizational and communication skills. (Copyright 2017 PayScale.com)
Dental Office Manager Tasks
- Oversee patient services, including appointment scheduling, reception, billing, and recordkeeping.
- Hire, train, and supervise office and custodial staff.
- Maintain dental facilities and equipment, and restock supplies.
- Track dental office expenses, prepare financial documents like tax returns, and manage employee payroll.
- Coordinate office activates to promote efficiency and improve patient service.
Dental Office Manager Job Listings
Key Stats for Dental Office Manager