Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Deputy Fire Chief is $71,368
What Do Deputy Fire Chiefs Do?
A deputy fire chief is an advanced position in the firefighting field which involves a great deal of administrative work. Deputy fire chiefs oversee all types of operations of the firefighting department, including firefighting, disaster response, emergency medical services, and more.
The deputy fire chief usually works under the fire chief and may fill in for his duties when necessary. Deputy chiefs are responsible for office work, such as creating reports and statistical analyses, so strong …Read more
- Plan, develop, review, update and train on department policies and goals.
- Coordinate across departments and groups.
- Plan and manage construction and equipment maintenance work.
- Plan and execute training programs and evaluate staff performance.
- Communicate policies, goals and standards to all staff and handle questions and problems.