Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Desktop Engineer is $96,649
What Do Desktop Engineers Do?
A desktop engineer specializes in building and maintaining information technology (IT) in a professional capacity. They are usually employed by companies that need an on-site expert to manage office networks and technology. The responsibilities of a desktop engineer cover a wide range of duties within the area of information technology, including handling network creation and maintenance, designing and implementing security solutions, troubleshooting technical issues with staff, and generally …Read more
- Correct hardware problems with laptops, desktops and other computing equipment.
- Troubleshoot and maintain standard software configurations.
- Perform support services to employees with technical problems an IT issues.
- Assist in development of IT and infrastructure projects.
- Manage returns on warranted systems and parts.