Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an English Teacher/Tutor (Vocational) is $20.45
What is the Pay by Experience Level for English Teacher/Tutor (Vocational)s?
An entry-level English Teacher/Tutor (Vocational) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.00 based on 6 salaries. An early career English Teacher/Tutor (Vocational) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $19.32 …Read more
What Do English Teacher/Tutor (Vocational)s Do?
Vocational English teachers/tutors usually teach English as a second language and many teach abroad, while others teach native English speakers to improve their communication and business writing skills.
The aim of a vocational English teacher/tutor is to improve students’ English communication skills to be used in a business setting. They work at academic institutions and for companies aiming to improve the English skills of their employees, and they are also present in vocational schools to …Read more
- Prepare syllabi and materials to reach specific learning objectives.
- Provide feedback and grade information to students, mentoring their progress.
- Participate in meetings and professional development.
- Work with administrators and teachers to develop curriculum and guide decisions.
- Deliver instructional material, answer questions and work with students to meet personal goals.