Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Fabricator is $17.35 in 2023
What Do Fabricators Do?
Fabricating is the act of creating metal structures. There are many tasks that are part of the fabricator's work, including cutting, grinding, welding, and assembling these structures. Often fabricators work on assembly lines, but many jobs also include metal fabrication tasks such as blacksmithing and ironworking.
The first step in the fabrication process is to cut the metal by using manual cutters such as a chisel or saw, torching metal with handheld torches, or using numerical control …Read more
- Perform various fabrication techniques such as saw, sand, polish, glue, seam and cut.
- Perform minor machine maintenance.
- Set stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule or template.
- Measure work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Read job specification to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
FAQs About Fabricators
What is the highest pay for Fabricators in Tacoma?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Fabricator in Tacoma is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Fabricators in Tacoma?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Fabricator in Tacoma is $NaN / hour
How can Fabricators increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Fabricator is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Fabricator that oversees more junior Fabricators, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.