Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Financial Examiner is $87,500
What Do Financial Examiners Do?
Financial examiners review financial transactions to determine whether activities of companies are in compliance with rules and regulations set by governing financial institutions. Examples of such transactions include tax records, expense accounts, balance sheets, and loan documents. These professionals work in a variety of settings within the finance industry, including federal and state governments. Some examiners are also employed by banks, healthcare providers, and insurance companies. …Read more
- Recommend solutions if financial transactions are not in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Confirm financial institutions' assets and liabilities and the legality of their operations and transactions.
- Review audit reports of internal and external auditors to monitor adequacy of scope of reports or to discover specific weaknesses in internal routines.
- Establish and implement company guidelines for procedures and policies that are in compliance with new and revised regulations.
- Review, determine impact of, and accept or reject applications for mergers, acquisitions, and establishment of new institutions.
FAQs About Financial Examiners
What is the highest pay for Financial Examiners in New York?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Financial Examiner in New York is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Financial Examiners in New York?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Financial Examiner in New York is $NaN / year
How can Financial Examiners increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Financial Examiner is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Financial Examiner that oversees more junior Financial Examiners, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.