Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Flagger is $10.24
What Do Flaggers Do?
Most drivers and commuters are likely to have seen a flagger on the job. These are the personnel who control vehicle-traffic to create a safe environment for construction/repair projects, such as those involving roadways or parking lots. Flaggers help notify drivers of the needs for reduced speeds or restricted lane flow; as such, they play key roles in creating and maintaining safe construction sites.
Flaggers must fully understand the use of all signaling devices at his/her disposal, …Read more
- Set up the work zone according to safety protocols and regulations.
- Assist construction crew in assorted duties such as paving, shoveling, and raking where necessary.
- Signal construction equipment operators on alignment and movement of materials.
- Break down and clean the work zone after flagging completion.
- Monitor, observe, and control traffic flow.