Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Flagger is $11.79
What Do Flaggers Do?
Most drivers and commuters are likely to have seen a flagger on the job. These are the personnel who control vehicle-traffic to create a safe environment for construction/repair projects, such as those involving roadways or parking lots. Flaggers help notify drivers of the needs for reduced speeds or restricted lane flow; as such, they play key roles in creating and maintaining safe construction sites.
Flaggers must fully understand the use of all signaling devices at his/her disposal, …Read more
- Set up the work zone according to safety protocols and regulations.
- Assist construction crew in assorted duties such as paving, shoveling, and raking where necessary.
- Signal construction equipment operators on alignment and movement of materials.
- Break down and clean the work zone after flagging completion.
- Monitor, observe, and control traffic flow.
FAQs About Flaggers
What is the highest pay for Flaggers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Flagger is $16.56 / hour
What is the lowest pay for Flaggers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Flagger is $10.07 / hour
How can Flaggers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Flagger is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Flagger that oversees more junior Flaggers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.