Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Food Server is $9.10
What Do Food Servers Do?
Food servers are tasked with taking orders accurately, answering guest questions about the menu or restaurant in general, and then delivering that food in a timely manner. A food server is also expected to perform quality control work by checking back with guests. The server also presents the check at the end of service and may process the payment. In restaurants without bus persons, the server also cleans and resets his or her table after guests depart.
A good server must be fluent and …Read more
- Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explain any specials and restaurant promotions for guest awareness.
- Operate procedures to pre-check order and close out the check.
- When complete, retrieve order the from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, and deliver to guest.
- Input the order to the kitchen.
- Record the details of the order from the guests.