Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Forensic Accident Reconstruction Engineer is $89,999
What Do Forensic Accident Reconstruction Engineers Do?
Forensic accident reconstruction engineers work directly with crime scene investigation units to help solve crimes, usually homicides. They are tasked with "remaking" a crime scene after it has been cleaned, and must combine artistry and science to recreate the setting and determine how a crime occurred. Using photos, videos, and other images, they are expected to create highly-realistic models to assist their CSI units.
A high school diploma is required for this position; a college degree is …Read more
- Investigate and analyze accidents.
- Offer expert testimony in legal proceedings.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports on findings.
- Use various computer analysis programs and calculations.
- Reconstruct accidents sites and vehicles involved to determine cause and fault.