Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Forensic Analyst is $88,500
What Do Forensic Analysts Do?
A forensic analyst uses a variety of scientific and analytical approaches to aid in criminal investigations. An analyst may be assigned to teams who arrive at crime scenes shortly after they are discovered. Other analysts are primarily laboratory technicians and scientists who work to examine samples to derive useful information for investigators. In smaller police departments, the forensic analyst may perform both duties, assisting in both evidence gathering and research and analysis.
The …Read more
- Offer expert testimony in legal proceedings.
- Provide written and oral reports.
- Perform analytical calculations.
- Analyze and test samples.
- Design and run a variety of analytical tests.