Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Fraud Investigator is $16.00 in 2023
What Do Fraud Investigators Do?
In general, fraud investigators work to determine whether individuals or organizations have attempted deception to realize a financial benefit. Fraud investigation applications are numerous, and so fraud investigators typically specialize in a particular field, such as insurance or accounting. The vast majority of fraud investigator work within the field of insurance, due to the high inherent potential for insurance fraud and the volume of fraud cases that occur annually.
No matter the …Read more
- Investigate fraud by obtaining statements of fact, depositions or confessions from complainants, employers and witnesses.
- Oversee the development and implementation of fraud prevention, detection and resolution strategies.
- Research records and obtain, analyze, and appraise evidentiary data.
- Perform desk and on-site investigational audits.
- Develop, perform, and present fraud cases.
FAQs About Fraud Investigators
What is the highest pay for Fraud Investigators in Columbus?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Fraud Investigator in Columbus is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Fraud Investigators in Columbus?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Fraud Investigator in Columbus is $NaN / hour
How can Fraud Investigators increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Fraud Investigator is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Fraud Investigator that oversees more junior Fraud Investigators, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.