Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Funeral Director/Embalmer is $50,000
What Do Funeral Director/Embalmers Do?
Generally, a funeral director/embalmer carries out funeral arrangements and embalms the deceased. The director will work with families and help them choose plans involving things such as cremation or burial services, memorial services, decorations, and caskets. It is essential to be both caring and highly professional, as customers are always going through a difficult time.
Customer service skills are essential; as funeral services are carried out, the director should be on-hand to provide …Read more
- File burial permits and complete all necessary paperwork related to the death process.
- Properly and safely utilize embalming instruments and machinery in accordance with company guidelines.
- Prepare and embalm the deceased for interment or cremation in accordance with legal requirements and with utmost respect for the deceased.
- Organize the transport of the deceased from the place of death to the funeral home and from the funeral home to the cemetery.
- Assist families in making funeral arrangements and advise them on the financial obstacles they face.