Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Gardener is $15.26
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Gardeners?
An entry-level Gardener with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $13.00 based on 28 salaries. An early career Gardener with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.50 based on 181 salaries. A mid-career Gardener with …Read more
What Do Gardeners Do?
A gardener generally works as a professional contractor or under direct employment by a facility with large landscaping resources and needs. This person generally tends to the upkeep and care of the landscape design on an ongoing basis. Typically, a gardener doesn’t build or create, but rather helps maintain the current landscape design and environment. The gardener is likely expected to attend to the upkeep of the grounds under his or her care. This not only includes regular mowing, but also …Read more
- Oversee and improve outdoor areas, including grass, shrubbery, trees, and plantings.
- Maintain equipment and tools.
- Care for plantings by mulching, aerating, weeding, trimming, and applying fertilizers and insecticide.
- Remove snow, debris, litter, and unsightly materials.
- Operate vehicles like trucks, mowers, tractors and chainsaws to mow grass, prune, and care for soil.