Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Golf Course Superintendent is $56,000
What Do Golf Course Superintendents Do?
Generally, golf course superintendents are responsible for overseeing all aspects of maintaining an enjoyable and profitable golf course. They must ensure that all natural areas of the course, from the fairways to the greens and roughs, are healthy and properly maintained, and must also be aware of the general course environment, including ponds, trees, and cart paths. Back in the office, they are heavily involved in hiring and working with golf course personnel.
These superintendents must …Read more
- Oversee schedules and budgets for the golf course.
- Work with government and environmental groups.
- Oversee marketing and outreach strategies to increase customers and bookings.
- Track inventory and order materials and supplies, checking for proper usage.
- Hire, train, and supervise staff in special projects and regular maintenance.