Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Green Building & Retrofit Architect is $76,000
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Green Building & Retrofit Architects?
An entry-level Green Building & Retrofit Architect with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $42,250 based on 3 salaries. An early career Green Building & Retrofit Architect with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of …Read more
What Do Green Building & Retrofit Architects Do?
Green building and retrofit architects are responsible for designing buildings that use the latest technology to reduce energy consumption and environmental impact, as well as retrofitting existing buildings to bring them more in line with modern green initiatives. To accomplish these goals, a green building and retrofit architect's approach varies depending on their employer and projects. For new “green” buildings, they may design all systems from scratch to be environmentally sound (from LED …Read more
- Prepare proposals and reports.
- Develop and maintain client relationships to generate additional sustainability work.
- Prepare, frame and manage client meeting to develop strategic sustainability program plans.
- Assist the Vice President of the Sustainability Group with daily duties.
- Manage multiple Green Building and LEED certification projects.