Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Groundskeeper is $10.43
What Do Groundskeepers Do?
Groundskeepers generally work independently, for management companies, or directly for other employers, and are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness, functionality, and aesthetic appeal of particular areas of land. As such, they usually work outside and must be able to withstand hot and cold weather. Common duties include mowing lawns, pulling weeds, trimming hedges, planting flowers and shrubbery, fertilizing, watering, raking leaves, and generally keeping the lawn, plants, and hedges …Read more
- Cleans sidewalks and disposes of debris and trash properly.
- Assist other staff with larger maintenance repairs or projects.
- Monitor the upkeep and maintenance of the landscaping and grounds daily.
- Handle basic preventative and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Keep the grounds in a clean and attractive manner.