Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Head Housekeeper is $10.37
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Head Housekeepers?
An early career Head Housekeeper with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $11.11 based on 167 salaries. A mid-career Head Housekeeper with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $11.73 based on 92 salaries. An experienced Head …Read more
What Do Head Housekeepers Do?
Larger hotels and resorts are typical employers for head housekeepers, which are normally supervisory positions that are salaried or hourly with many managerial duties. The head housekeeper has oversight on the entire housekeeping crew and likely reports to a manager, providing feedback and input on the members of the staff. A large portion of the head housekeeper's duties involves inspecting work performed by the cleaning staff at the hotel or resort and providing feedback. The head …Read more
- Supervise housekeeping staff, preparing schedules, assigning duties, and providing guidance and performance feedback.
- Maintain inventory of housekeeping supplies, coordinating or ordering replacements and equipment repair.
- Respond to guest requests, inquiries, and issues and manage lost and found.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate housekeeping staff training on standard operating procedures, safety policies, and health/sanitation regulations.
- Inspect premises, public areas, and/or guest rooms, ensuring compliance to company procedures and health/sanitation standards.