Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Hospice Chaplain is $24.34
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Hospice Chaplains?
An entry-level Hospice Chaplain with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $22.71 based on 8 salaries. An early career Hospice Chaplain with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $23.11 based on 188 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Hospice Chaplains Do?
Hospice chaplains are responsible for providing spiritual services to patients and family members on behalf of their organization. They are in charge of giving advice and resources to people of different ages, cultures, and beliefs. Hospice chaplains provide counseling services using their training in crisis intervention, as well as help train volunteers to assess spiritual concerns and needs of families. One of their main duties includes assessing the level of individuals' emotional and …Read more
- Interact with and build relationships with staff, clients and family members.
- Document interactions, challenges and program attendance.
- Work with community and care team to ensure care is in accord with patients' faith.
- Connect clients to appropriate clergy and counseling opportunities, and facilitate referrals to the hospice.
- Guide individuals and groups through grief and bereavement counseling and coping strategies.