Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Hotel Housekeeper is $9.83
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Hotel Housekeepers?
An entry-level Hotel Housekeeper with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $9.02 based on 16 salaries. An early career Hotel Housekeeper with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $9.97 based on 69 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Hotel Housekeepers Do?
The position of hotel housekeeper requires the completion of a number of tasks for both coworkers and guests in a hotel environment. A professional appearance is required, and a uniform is generally provided. These housekeepers follow a task list for completing each individual room within the hotel after customers have checked out. This includes checking the inventory of items within each room and reporting any missing items to management. Other tasks include cleaning floors, changing and …Read more
- Seal, wax, and buff floors and hard surfaces.
- Assist painters and security engineers when assigned.
- Clean sidewalks, including sweeping, raking leaves and shoveling snow.
- Clean individual units when vacated or requested.
- Sweep, mop, wash, dust and vacuum designated areas.