Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Interventional Radiologist is $320,000
What Do Interventional Radiologists Do?
Interventional radiology is a specialty profession within the broader profession of radiology. An interventional radiologist typically works to direct small probes or catheters in minimally invasive procedures. These probes, normally equipped with imaging capabilities, can be directed through body passages, vascular tissue, and into and out of organs to provide the radiologist and specialist physicians with detailed diagnostic information.
Interventional radiologists are typically able to …Read more
- Perform minimally invasive procedures on patients.
- Participate in hospital meetings and events.
- Utilize electronic health record to track, update, and interpret patients' status.
- Work with anesthesiologists and other team members.
- Interpret medical images and explain diagnoses to patients and other physicians.