Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Irrigation Technician is $15.48
What Do Irrigation Technicians Do?
Irrigation technicians are responsible for the installation and maintenance of irrigation systems. The job requires regular physical labor outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Maintenance tasks performed by the irrigation technician includes replacing and repairing valves, installing timers and clocks, locating existing irrigation zones and lines, repairing pumps, and "winterizing" equipment if the location warrants it. The job often requires irrigation technicians to consult blueprints …Read more
- Install, inspect, maintain, diagnose and repair irrigation systems.
- Document work performed and equipment/supplies utilized.
- Set irrigation timer controls and maintenance schedules.
- Read plans to install irrigation systems according to specifications.
- Visit sites and make recommendations about irrigation placement and type.