Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Janitor is $11.64
What Do Janitors Do?
Janitors perform routine cleaning and maintenance work to maintain optimal appearance in their workplace. The specific demands of the position can vary widely depending on the building to which the janitor is assigned. Common duties include cleaning floors through a combination of mopping, sweeping, and vacuuming, waste removal, window cleaning, restroom maintenance, equipment cleaning, landscape maintenance, and minor repairs on simple equipment.
Training for janitor positions is usually not …Read more
- Perform general cleaning, light floor care and special event set ups.
- Collect and remove trash and recyclables.
- Clean rest room facilities and replenish supplies.
- Clean assigned areas including furniture, telephones, fixtures, walls, windows, window sills, blinds and vents.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum all area floors, rest rooms and break areas.