The average salary for a Judge, Trial Court with Legal Research skills is $144,000.
Is Judge, Trial Court your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$120k - $159k
$120k - $159k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Judge, Trial Court
Trial court judges preside over cases between prosecutors and defendants, and may also perform nuptials. This position commands respect, and a person holding this position is often referred to as “your honor." A trial court judge will have several subordinates working with him/her in the courtroom, including a stenographer, court officers, court administrative staff, and the judge’s personal clerk. The workload will inevitably require a considerable amount of time, both in court and after hours…Read more
Judge, Trial Court Tasks
- Conduct trials, hearings, and arraignments and issue rulings and sentences that interpret and enforce law.
- Supervise subordinate staff, such as law clerks or secretarial staff.
- Advise and direct attorneys, juries, and court personnel regarding court conduct, issues, and proceedings.
- Preside at preliminary hearings and settlement conferences.
- Read documentation on pleadings and motions and provide written decisions with evidentiary and legal analysis.
Judge, Trial Court Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Judge, Trial Court
Legal Document Review
Skills in Technical Writing are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Legal Document Review.