Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Kitchen Worker is $9.74
What Do Kitchen Workers Do?
Kitchen workers are responsible for tasks relating to food preparation and kitchen maintenance. The nature of this work can vary greatly. For example, a large restaurant or fast-food company may hire multiple kitchen workers, some of whom may only be required to undertake tasks relating to cleaning and organization, while others may be primarily involved in food preparation. In a smaller business, kitchen workers may be responsible for every job performed in a kitchen, including knowing and …Read more
- Clean and organize all china, glass and silverware.
- Serve food and collaborate with other staff.
- Handle and store food according to food safety guidelines.
- Operate and maintain dishwasher.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen, cleaning and sanitizing all work and food stations.