Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Lawyer, Public Interest is $56,000 in 2023
What Do Lawyer, Public Interests Do?
Lawyers, public interest, usually work for public interest law firms, nonprofit organizations, or government agencies. They represent plaintiffs in areas such as employment discrimination, environmental issues, campaign finance issues, disability rights, and civil rights. Some law firms have special departments that handle public interest cases on a pro bono basis to improve relations with their community, in addition to their regular, for-profit cases in other areas of the law. They may …Read more
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.
FAQs About Lawyer, Public Interests
What is the highest pay for Lawyer, Public Interests in Los Angeles?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Lawyer, Public Interest in Los Angeles is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Lawyer, Public Interests in Los Angeles?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Lawyer, Public Interest in Los Angeles is $NaN / year
How can Lawyer, Public Interests increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Lawyer, Public Interest is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Lawyer, Public Interest that oversees more junior Lawyer, Public Interests, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.