Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Lead Applications Developer is $99,235
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Lead Applications Developers?
A mid-career Lead Applications Developer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $95,865 based on 12 salaries. An experienced Lead Applications Developer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $100,796 based on 10 salaries.
What Do Lead Applications Developers Do?
Lead applications developers should have at least three years of experience in technology and programs like C++ and Visual Basic, as well as a background in applications programming. Employers may also require a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field and/or prior experience in a leadership position.
Lead application developers are responsible for directing a development team in designing, developing, coding, and testing applications, including setting schedules and holding …Read more
- Test and document software for client applications.
- Mentor other employees in development methodologies.
- Write, modify, and debug software for client applications.
- Write code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone and those which access servers or services.
- Use source debuggers and visual development environments.