The average hourly pay for an Experienced Lead Cook in Atlanta, Georgia is $13.61.
Is Lead Cook your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$0 - $14
$0 - $34,258
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Lead Cook
A lead cook is normally a supervisory position in a kitchen. Depending on the organization, this person is likely not considered a full-fledged kitchen manager or chef. However, lead cooks normally have some of the supervision and oversight duties of these managers delegated to them. In many higher-end restaurants, the lead cook position is considered a stepping stone to a full-fledged managerial or chef position. First and foremost, the lead cook is charged with meal preparation. This person n…Read more
Lead Cook Tasks
- Oversee food handling and preparation throughout a kitchen.
- Monitor and evaluate staff and coordinate break schedules.
- Stock and maintain all food stations, ensuring hygienic workspaces.
- Answer guest questions about menu and preparation.
- Modify processes for routing and meeting orders according to time and quality standards.
Explore the most common career paths for Lead Cook. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)