Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Lead Software Development Engineer (SDE) is $117,671
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Lead Software Development Engineer (SDE)s?
An early career Lead Software Development Engineer (SDE) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $94,987 based on 64 salaries. A mid-career Lead Software Development Engineer (SDE) with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $111,825 …Read more
What Do Lead Software Development Engineer (SDE)s Do?
A lead software development engineer will lead efforts to create software that fits certain needs within a company. Work may be done for a consulting company that provides software solutions to various companies, or it may be done directly for a company. This software can have various purposes. In any case, the engineer will often try to make the format of the software easier to use for the end user.
Since this is a lead position, it usually involves managing a team of engineers and working …Read more
- Work with designers and content producers.
- Write, modify, and debug software for server applications.
- Write code to create multi-threaded, networked server applications.
- Use source debuggers, program dumps, and performance monitoring tools.
- Test and document software for server applications.