The average salary for a Lead Software Engineer at Simons Foundation in New York, New York is $122,487.
Is Lead Software Engineer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$92k - $137k
$92k - $137k
Find your market worth – how it works:
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education
Find your market worth with a report tailored to you
Negotiate your pay with confidence
Job Description for Lead Software Engineer
A lead software engineer holds many responsibilities, primarily developing and testing software programs. Responsibilities for a lead software engineer can vary vastly depending on the company, department, and infrastructure of the employer. They are employed in a variety of sectors, including not only software companies, but also in health care, insurance, retail, and many other industries. Lead software engineers can expect to be involved in design planning, scheduling release dates, participa…Read more
Lead Software Engineer Tasks
- Implement high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment.
- Create detailed software development plans and assign tasks to team members.
- Scope development effort, and provide reliable resource and timeline estimates.
- Coach and mentor development staff.
- Perform performance and scalability analysis as needed.
Popular Employer Salaries for Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Related Job Salaries
$60k - $125k
$50k - $104k
$83k - $153k
$41k - $102k
$75k - $140k
$40k - $86k
$53k - $98k
$42k - $84k
$48k - $111k
$57k - $110k