Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is $23.59
What Do Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)s Do?
Nurses are an essential part of the medical practice, and without them, proper recovery and acclimation to medical environments can be difficult. The duty of a licensed vocational nurse is to help patients prepare for treatment and assist in their recovery. To do this, licensed vocational nurses will be required to talk to patients and doctors, review medical documentation, report and document any changes in a patient's medical conditions, and monitor a patient's health during his or her stay. …Read more
- Provide nursing care to patients under the supervision of RNs or other medical professionals.
- Prepare patients for exams or procedures.
- Prepare and maintain equipment and supplies.
- Observe and chart patient condition.
- Administer prescribed medications.