Long Term Care Aide Salary
A Long Term Care Aide earns an average wage of $11.49 per hour. People in this job generally don't have more than 20 years' experience.
Job Description for Long Term Care Aide
- Change bed linens, wash and iron patients' laundry, and clean patients' quarters.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Check patients' pulse, temperature and respiration.
- Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing and grooming.
- Maintain records of patient care, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.