Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Loss Control Consultant is $71,732
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Loss Control Consultants?
An entry-level Loss Control Consultant with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $60,767 based on 7 salaries. An early career Loss Control Consultant with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $64,783 based on 40 …Read more
What Do Loss Control Consultants Do?
The basic duties performed by loss control consultants are based around conducting research and providing guidance to clients and potential clients related to cost control. This includes performing underwriting based on risk assessments, ranging from anticipated workplace-accident exposure to hazardous exposure for workers. In many cases, loss control consultants' jobs also include training and education for clients with the aim of helping to reduce future losses. Other basic tasks such as …Read more
- Record on site observations in accordance with customer-specific requirements.
- Prepare and write thorough survey report.
- Communicate regularly with home office staff to coordinate the completion of survey in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Conduct loss control surveys and evaluate risk.
- Coordinate the time and date of the survey with the site representative.