The average hourly pay for a Loss Prevention Agent at IKEA is $15.00.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Loss Prevention Agents Do?
A loss prevention agent helps prevent theft, typically at a retail establishment. They are responsible for actively scanning the store to look for potential theft, using security equipment such as closed-circuit television (CCTV) and hidden cameras, as well as by moving around on the sales floor. Other duties of a loss prevention agent include following company guidelines to successfully apprehend shoplifters, as well as identifying and reporting theft to the authorities as required.
Ideally, …Read more
Loss Prevention Agent Tasks
- Plainclothes investigation and apprehension of shoplifters.
- Monitor employees and customers for suspicious behavior and conduct bag checks.
- Audit inventory and identify suspicious missing items and/or activities.
- Internal and external theft prevention, and physical security such as alarm, locks, CCTV, etc.
- Document evidence of wrongdoing for police and prepare internal reports.
Popular Employer Salaries for Loss Prevention Agent
The top respondents for the job title Loss Prevention Agent are from the companies Burlington Coat Factory, Nordstrom, Inc. and The Gap Inc.. Reported salaries are highest at Nordstrom, Inc. where the average pay is $16.23. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include Target Corporation and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc, earning around $16.00 and $14.92, respectively. Macy's, Inc. pays the lowest at around $11.80. Burlington Coat Factory and Rite Aid Pharmacy also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying $11.98 and $12.48, respectively.
Loss Prevention Agent Job Listings
Years of Experience
This data is based on 6 survey responses.